Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yummy Chicken!

Okay-- so I thought I would share this with one and all. I found this recipe at the grocery store and decided to try it. It was REALLY good!! It was in the "Healthy Eating Recipe" stand and since I think a lot of us are trying to be a little bit healthier, I thought I would pass it on.

Oven-Fried Chicken: Prep time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes. Makes 5 servings

Ingredients:
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts halves or thighs
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. butter, melted.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cookie sheet.
2. Mix flour, seasoned salt, oregano and pepper in a shallow dish. Moisten chicken with milk. Coat evenly with flour mixture. Place chicken in a single layer on cookie sheet. Drizzle with melted butter.
3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through

Per serving: Calories: 190; Fat: 6 g.; Carbs 6 g.; Cholesterol: 80 mg; Sodium: 457 mg.; Fiber 0 g.; Protein: 28 g.

Anyway--- we really like it. I let it cook for a while longer because I wanted it to be crispy. I turned the chicken over about half-way through. Hope you like it...it tastes a lot like fried chicken. Oh...and there was a website too. It was www. spicesforhealth.com.

1 comment:

KyJeanell said...

Oh-- there was a variation you can try as well. Replace Oregano with Italian Seasoning or Rosemary Leaves if you want to try those.